When we copy a text from a web page or other source and paste them in a Gmail,the formating of the original text would be same.Some times it may be annoying we need it to be normal.In Gmail there is a simple way by just selecting the text’s and clicking the button ‘Tx'(as in image below) would format the texts to normal format.
Gmail would not allow to attach .exe format file.If you try to attach an executable file(.exe) then Gmail would prompt a message saying “file is an executable file. For security reasons, Gmail does not allow you to send this type of file”.
But still if you need to send a executable file in Gmail there are some workarounds
Rename the file
Rename the file without .exe extension.For eg if the file is “test.exe” change it to “test.txt” and attach in gmail for sending.
Communicate in the receiver side that they have to change it to .exe extension.
Compress the file
Compress the file using any tool and the attach it in gmail.For Eg if you compress using the winrar tool it will be compressed and extension would be “test.rar” which Gmail would allow to be attached and sent.
These workarounds would violate Google policies.Thus if you wish to go with Google,upload the file in some file sharing website and give the link in the mail.
We usually want to organize our mail box and keep our Inbox clean.We label the mail messages and use filter option in gmail and organize them but still we would see the mails sitting in our Inbox that does not have filter.
Here are the ways to remove the Inbox label from a mail message or mulitple mail messages.
Remove Inbox Label from a Mail Message :
- Open the mail message.
- Click on the ‘X’ next to the Inbox label near the message subject line or Click Archive button on the top.
- This action will remove the mail from Inbox and moves that mail to “All Mail” Label.
- “All Mail” label would be located in the left side of the gmail page.If you don’t see “All Mail” click the More drop-down menu at the bottom of the labels list.
Remove Inbox Label from a Multiple Mail Messages :
- Select the mails to be moved from Inbox.
- Click on Archive button on the top.
- This action will move the mails to “All Mail” Label and removes them from Inbox.
Keep your mails organized and Inbox clean
But suppose if we are tried to go for the next set of results by the page navigator at the bottom,there is a option to change the number of search results to be displayed per page in Google search.Here are the simple steps to change the no of results to be displayed :-
- Go to Google.com
- Select search settings at the top right corner of the screen.It will go to the preference page.
- Locate the Number of Results block by scrolling down
- Select the display no of results to be displayed from the drop down which has five set of numbers 10,20,30,50 and 100
- Click Save Preferences button at the bottom of the screen.
After saving it will automatically returns to Google search with last searched value.Now the search results would display with the number of display results we have set.
I was wondering, it would be great if I am able to login into two of my gmail accounts at the same time from the same browser window. Historically, Google doesn’t allow you to login to multiple google accounts; if you try to login to another user account then Google will prompt you to log off the currently logged in account.
Now its made possible in gmail by the new feature called ‘Multiple Sign-in‘. To enable this feature you need to login into Google account.
Click the ‘Edit‘ link in the Muliple Sign-in, you will be forwarded to the page where you should click on ‘On‘ radio button and couple of ‘checkboxes’ and click ‘Save‘. Now, your account is enabled with multiple Sign-on feature.
To add another account, click on the Accounts menu at top right side of the Browser menu and select ‘Sign in to another account‘.After you login into another gmail account the Accounts menu will show you both the accounts.
To switch between accounts click the accounts menu and click the appropriate Google account.
- As of now this feature is available only for Desktop browsers and not for Mobile browsers.
- You can use this for the following Google products only :Code, Calendar, Gmail, Reader, Sites, Voice.
When there are hundreds of mail in our Gmail account and we are in need of mails with attachment and want it to find quickly.Then there is a easy trick in Gmail.
just type has:attachment and the type of the file like pdf,ppt,doc,zip with a space.
When we click the search mail button we get the mails with the attachment of the type we specified as the result.Here in this example we get the PDF attachment mails as result.
There are also many easy tricks to find a specified mail in gmail like “has:attachment” keyword.You can find the list here.